Off the Rails - Store Cattle market highlight
Each store sale the TLSAA produce a market report highlighting the best pens of the day. Read the latest report here or click on the links at the bottom for printable (PDF) versions of recent market highlights.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the relevantselling agents.
Friday 9th March 2018
Special store cattle sale
2500 (2700) head
Prices still good for feature lines despite patchy rain
Quality cattle came from the high country all the way to the west today with Joel Fleming saying that patchy rain “didn’t spark as much interest as expected” but “prices were still good”.
Feature lines that sold well included: Booroomooka and Dulverton blood Angus cows and heifers, PTIC to low birthweight Booroomooka bulls; excellent quality, yard weaned and bunk trained, Booroomooka and Texas blood weaners out of Bellata; outstanding Angus weaners from first time vendors that made over $1000; and a run of vendor bred, weaner steers out of the west.
Listen to Joel Fleming from Landmark give this week’s Market Wrap on our Facebook page under tamworthsellingagents.
Weaned steers sold to $1110 ($960 last sale) for excellent quality, yard weaned and bunk trained Booroomooka and Texas blood Angus steers (pictured top left) sold by DCM on account LG & JM Musgrave “Myrana” Bellata. Yearling steers sold to $980 ($975 last sale) for EU accredited Hereford steers, 15-18 months, sold by G&C on account B & M Reid, Bendemeer. Other good results included:
- July drop, Angus and Angus x Hereford weaner steers (pictured above left in pen 002) sold by DCM on account Narelle and Alan Taylor, “Moreen” Uralla topped at $1010;
- Hereford steers sold by PPA on account LC & JE Monk, Manilla topped at $1050; and
- Angus, Charolais, Hereford and Braford x steer weaners, (pictured above right), 8-10 months, in fresh store condition sold by PPA on account Warren Rural, Quambone topped at $1075 for the Hereford steers with the Charolais selling to $1000.
Weaner heifers sold to $800 ($770 last sale) for Santa heifers sold by G&C on account M & T Gooch. Older heifers also sold to $920 ($770 last sale) for Angus heifers sold by Pitt on account Guerrini. Other good results included:
- Murray Grey weaner heifers, 6-8 months, sold by Elders on account Rock AM made $630;
- Angus and Angus x weaner heifers sold by Pitt on account Guerrini made $700;
- EU accredited Hereford heifers out of Bendemeer sold by G&C made $740;
- The heifer portion of the Musgrave Angus weaners from Bellata sold by DCM made $790; and
- Hereford heifers sold by DCM on account P & D Bailey made $870.
Cows/heifers and calves
Limited numbers of cows and calves topped at ($1890 last sale) for $1510 with the cheaper market a reflection of quality.
PTIC sold to $1360 ($1510 last sale) for Angus cows, rising 4 years, PTIC to low birthweight Booroomooka bulls joined 1-10-17 to 1-1-18 and described as “classy breeders from a closed cow herd”. They were part of a consignment of over 200 cows and heifers sold by DCM on account Moonebah ‘Kylee’ Niangala. Other good results included:
- Top quality Santa x heifers, (picutred bottom left)PTIC to Angus bull, sold by CP on account Glenview Partnership made $1210 and Angus x Angus x Limo heifers, PTIC to Angus bull from the same vendor made $1200; and
- Top quality Santa heifers 2 - 2 1/2 years, PTIC Watasanta stud Poll Santa bulls, to calve June/July, sold by PPA on account N & R Watson, Watasanta, Tamworth topped at $1240.
This information, plus additional photos, can also be viewed on the Tamworth Selling Agents Facebook page. Compiled and written by Michelle Mawhinney, TLSAA
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
Click on the file for a printable version of this market highlight.
Note: The photos in the PDF may differ slightly to those on the website. Please contact us if you would like a specific photo.
Friday 23rd Feb store sale.pdf
Size : 637.282 Kb
Type : pdf
Next store sale - Friday 9th March 2018
Coming soon - Top prices for 2017
Watch this space for information on the top prices for 2017 for each category sold.