Off the Rails - Store Cattle market highlight
Each store sale the TLSAA produce a market report highlighting the best pens of the day. Read the latest report here or click on the links at the bottom for printable (PDF) versions of recent market highlights.
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the relevantselling agents.
Coming soon - Top prices for 2017
Watch this space for information on the top prices for 2017 for each category sold.
Friday 15th December 2017
End of year Special store cattle sale
2000(2200) head offered
Exceptional quality females hit $2320 as heatwave hits NSW
Exceptional quality 1st and 2nd calvers from the west, re-joined to stud Angus bulls, were the feature in Tamworth today as the store sales wrap up for 2017 just as heatwave conditions hit much of the region and state.
For the second sale running quality and condition were a big factor with one major buyer saying that the heat was affecting buyer activity. Despite all this, the market for the best steers was firm on last sale with steers in from the west making good money and some value buying across all other categories. Hear what Ben Goodman from Ian Morgan Livestock has to say on this week’s Market Wrap video on our Facebook page under tamworthsellingagents.
Weaned steers sold to $1030 ($1115 last sale) for the best of the Angus and Santa x Angus weaner (pictured top left) steers sold by ELD on account S Ridley, Talegar, Coonamble. Yearling steers (pictured above middle) sold to $1270 ($1160 last sale) for heavy Angus steers sold by Pitt. Other good results included:
- Nice run of lightweight Angus steers sold by PPA on account Hilltop Partnership sold to $850;
- Simmental x Charolais weaner steers, 9-12 months sold by CP on account Demiworks made $970; and
- Exceptional quality Angus and Angus x steers (pictured above right), 7-8 months, sold by DCM on account NJ & JM Crane, Coonabarabran topped at $975.
Yearlings heifers sold to $1010 ($1060 last sale) for Charolais x heifers sold by IML. Other good results included:
- Simmental x Charolais weaner heifers (pictured below left), 9-12 months sold by CP on account Demiworks made $875;
- Heifers sold by B&S on account Bregot Grazing made $900; and
- Angus x heifers sold by B&S on account Dewson and Gallagha, Menangle topped at $900.
Cows/heifers and calves
Cows and calves topped at $2320 ($2080 last sale) for the first and second calvers, re-joined to stud Larrikin Angus bull, sold by DCM on account C & B Clarke. Other highlights included:
- Proper front paddock" cows and calves, running back with the top price bull from this year’s New England Angus Breeders (NEAB) sale, sold by Simon Burke on account M Capel made $1625;
- Cows and calves sold by B&S on account Clarke made $1700; and
- Large framed, mixed age Angus x black baldy cows (pictured above right) with Aug/Sept drop CAF and re-joined to Angus bulls sold by LMK on account Sylvester Cattle Co, Nundle sold to $1800 for the black baldy.
PTIC sold to $1330 ($1100 last sale) for Angus and Angus x cows, 4-8 years, PTIC to Speckle Park and Angus bulls sold by LMK on account Glenmore Trust. Other good results included:
- Mixed age Brangus cows sold by B&S on account Clark made $1200; and
- Shorthorn heifers, 2 yrs, PTIC to LBW Angus and Shorthorn bulls to calve March/April, sold by ELD on account RIFA Salutory, “Middlebrook” Nundle made $1230.
Bulls sold to $4000 for the best of the Woonooka Angus bulls sold by G&C.
This information, plus additional photos, can also be viewed on the Tamworth Selling Agents Facebook page. Compiled and written by Michelle Mawhinney, TLSAA
Disclaimer: All information is correct at the time of publication. While every effort is made to provide accurate figures no responsibility is taken for errors in reporting. For further details contact the selling agents.
Next store sale
Friday 19th January
New Year Store Cattle Sale
Contact your preferred agent for details.
Click on the file for a printable version of this market highlight.
Note: The photos in the PDF may differ slightly to those on the website. Please contact us if you would like a specific photo.
Friday 15th December store sale.pdf
Size : 1094.235 Kb
Type : pdf
Friday 1st December store sale.pdf
Size : 978.789 Kb
Type : pdf